Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the monkeys

Yes, it's from song lyrics again. I know, I know. This time it's "If I had a million dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies. I'd buy you a monkey, haven't you always wanted a monkey? What it really makes me think of is driving in my black civic near Research Triangle Park in North Carolina with my husband. No kids, no CD player (back in the day before MP3's, gasp), we listened to the same mix tape over and over. Every time we heard this song he would say "Yes, I have always wanted a monkey!", or sometimes "well really, who doesn't want a monkey". Not to mention his Grandpa always says "bring me back a monkey" when we go on vacation. Not really sure why, he is funny like that.
Now we have 3 kids, and we call them monkeys often. More specifically, two monkeys and a princess. R is the oldest, he is a thinker, very interested in how and why. At 4 and a half we think he is an absolute puzzle genius. K is the middle and he is a character at almost 3 years old. Charming and sweet but full of trouble. He is pretty sharp too, but he often uses this power for something other than good! He has an uncanny ability to remember everyone, very personable. And last we got a sweet baby girl L. Well her name really starts with an H but her nickname starts with L. She is 8 months at present so all I can say is she is a bit touchy (like R), a bit social (like K) and a bit clingy to mom (a new thing for us as a family). But she is cute and really that is her job right now.
Daddy is A and he works 4 on 4 off, straight days right now. Really it is about as perfect of a schedule as I could possible hope for. He is doing a lot of renos in his free time of late, but when he actually has time for himself, he does enjoy adventure sports most recently, kayaking and mountain biking.
I am a nurse, on mat leave. I like crafting, mostly scrapbooking, but some stamping, some sewing and quilting. I like to hike and be outside.
There you go, that is the fam, stories to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment