Saturday, July 24, 2010

Alice Lake


Last summer on our way home from Whistler, we decided to stop for lunch at Alice Lake Provincial Park. It was a hot sunny day so we had a picnic and played on the beach, then resolved to come back to stay. This year we made reservations to camp and talked Nana and Grandad (and their motor home) into coming and bringing cousin Abby.

the perfect campsite
enjoying the lake
thanks for the treats Auntie Lindsay!
I love jiffy pop. Doesn't it seem like magic?
roasting marshmallows over (unfinished) old IKEA furniture

I must say this was the most relaxing vacation I have had since we went to family camp 3 years ago. Maybe it was the convenience of having the motor home and all the cooking stuff right there. Maybe it was how organized Nana and Grandad were. Maybe it was the campsite that backed on to a bit of forest where the kids could play and we could watch them. Maybe it was the 1 to 1 ratio of kids to adults. Maybe it was the distraction of having a cousin in the mix. Whatever it was that did it, it sure worked because it was a lovely trip.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic, I was thinking as I scrolled down, cool 4 kids 4 adults. Sweet. Then when I read that I laughed. The daycare lady in me I guess.

    ReplyDelete