Saturday, November 19, 2011

Remembering


This week we went to a service to remember A's grandmother who we called GG Nan. I went back through all 7+ years of our digital photos and found all the great shots of her and passed them on to hopefully be useful some way or other.
The biggest thing for me was the sweet and ladylike way she had about her. Very gentle and well, sweet is the perfect word. I was fortunate to have so many years to have gotten to know her and for each of the children to have gotten to know and love her too.


I will surely remember her every time we use our silver teaspoons that were hers, our cake plate that still has the family name written on the bottom, some crystal from her parents' farm, as well as some lovely jewelry for me and many play necklaces for L.


We love you GG Nan.

No comments:

Post a Comment